Today I will tell you how to make a piece of culinary art from ordinary millet. The most important thing in this porridge is the additional ingredients, depending on which it plays with new colors every time.
Ingredients for porridge (for 1 serving):
* Millet – 50g.
* Water/milk-approximately 150 ml
• Mashed baked pumpkin-3-5 tbsp. l. or to taste
* Aromatic cheddar/gruyere – the more, the tastier))) But I put 20-30g, grate or finely chop.
* Dates – 3-4 pcs.
• Cinnamon-0.5 tsp
. * Salt-to taste
• Butter is optional, I do not use it, I have enough cheese
Ingredients for topping (the possible options are listed below, you do not need to put everything at the same time):
* Nuts are better than pecans or walnuts (a handful)/pumpkin seeds
* Nuts + thin slices of cheese, so that they have the opportunity to melt on the porridge
* Mushrooms fried with oregano and sage + some pine nuts. It turns out something like a risotto.
• Caramelized bacon + maple syrup • Nuts (handful) + orange zest (from a quarter of an orange)
• Pecans (handful) + caramelized pear (peel, cut not very finely, fry in ghee withjerusalem artichoke dill until brown)
How to do it.
1. Bake a pumpkin (better butternut or Hokkaido) in the oven (recipe here). Then you can make not only porridge from it , but also pumpkin soup, tortillas, hummus and other dishes.
2. Wash the millet until the water is transparent, pour it with boiling water and drain the water. So the porridge will definitely not be bitter. Then pour the millet with water/milk, add salt and cook until tender under the lid, stirring occasionally for about 35 minutes. If desired, you can remove the foam.
2. While the porridge is cooking, blenderim pumpkin together with washed dates and cinnamon in mashed potatoes. You should get about 5 tablespoons.
3. As soon as the porridge has become viscous and boiled, add the pumpkin-date mixture to it, mix, let it boil for a couple of minutes. We try the salt/sweetness/sufficiency of the pumpkin in taste. What you need-add, throw in the cheese, mix until it is completely dissolved and try again. It should turn out not liquid and not too viscous, moderately aromatic, sweet and creamy-cheesy. Find this balance, then turn off the stove and let the porridge stand for 5 minutes.
4. Serve with any of the toppings described above.