Hearty, nourishing, fragrant and incredibly delicious! You can also cook this beef, it will be delicious.
1 kg of venison on the bone (I had ribs),
2 liters of water,
10 peppers and peas,
4 leaves of Laurel,
900ml tomato passata is crushed tomatoes in own juice,
70g tomato paste (optional)
3 tbsp Jerusalem artichoke syrup (optional)
3 cloves garlic,
Spices: 1 tsp each:
Dried rosemary (you can substitute 2 sprigs fresh),
Powder dried garlic,
0,5 – 1 tsp Cayenne Chile pepper (you can substitute 1 fresh Chile pepper and add it to the onion sauté),
Salt/pepper to taste.
How to do:
1. Meat rinse, cover with cold water to the entire surface of the meat was closed (I needed 2 liters of water), add 1 onion, carrot, peppercorns and Bay leaf. Cook for 1.5-2.5 hours on a very low heat under the closed lid so that the broth has not boiled away. .Cooking time depends on the meat, it should be very tender and soft, and literally move away from the bone. If this did not happen – cook to such a state.
2. Once the meat reached the condition, remove it from the broth, allow to cool slightly and carefully disassemble the fibers, ejecting all hryaschik, bones and veins. The long fibers tear across the below piece was no longer than 3cm, otherwise it will be not very convenient to eat. Consider it your meditation;)
3. Tomato sauce. 2 onions cut into small dice, crush the garlic. In a deep frying pan saute the onion until Golden in the frying oil (I have ghee), add the garlic and fry for another 20 seconds, actively stirring, then add the passata, tomato paste and all the spices, except the salt and syrup. Salt and sugar are already ready soup not to miscalculate. Simmer the sauce for 5 minutes.
4. The sauce is ready add the meat, there strain the broth (spices, carrots, onions and Bay leave from the soup – kicks), mix, taste, add spices if necessary, and salt and sweetness (if tomatoes are sour). Just a couple of tablespoons of syrup will remove excessive acid. Bring to a boil, the soup is ready.
5. Feed. This soup with the correct flow is more fun and authentic. Recommend serve with sour cream and cranberry sauce (recipe here). You can also sprinkle the soup with chopped parsley and dill.
In General I recommend to try some soup in its pure form, then with cream, then with sour cream and cranberry sauce, then add the greens, and to identify their personal preferences.
By the way, the soup becomes every day more delicious;)