Tataki is a cooking method, not the name of the dish. Fish/meat a very quick stir fry pan/Sears on fire, while inside, it remains moist, then cut into slices. Fast, simple and very tasty.
This quick method of cooking tuna makes me happy, because after long heat treatment it loses its taste and its structure. Is similar to canned, but we do not need it.
• Steaks tuna,
• Optional sesame seeds (I mix black and white)
• Vegetable oil.
How to do:
0. Point zero about choosing the right fish. The tuna should be firm, with uniform bright red/pink color, without spots. No fishy smell, most from the meat smell.
If you are using frozen steaks, then defrost the day before in the fridge. If I bought a chilled steak recommend cooking the same day, otherwise the fish will dry out and lose its taste, and in General to deteriorate.
1. The fish dry with paper towels of excess moisture. Please, just don’t wash. Ideally, if the steaks are thick and about 3 cm, at least 2 cm can fry Them whole on two sides, and can be cut into cubes with sides about 3 cm and fry on all four sides. You can roll them in sesame seeds, you can roast without it.
Slice the steaks on the bars transversely to the fibers, then to cut the finished dish was not visible veins. If you appearance is not important, then do not bother the fiber direction.
Then you need to sprinkle the fish with olive oil and thoroughly coat it, allow to soak 5 minutes. Tuna loves oil, so it becomes more juicy. According to your taste you can season the steak, but personally I don’t even add salt, as then the fish is served with spicy sauces.
2. The pan is very good to warm up, then make the fire slightly less than the maximum.
3. While heated pan, pour the sesame seeds in a wide flat dish and dip them in the fish from all sides. Fish direct press down to the grains that they are well stuck.
4. Pour into the pan a little oil, fry the tuna: wedges on each side for 30 seconds, whole steaks on each side for 1 minute. Sesame seeds should be Golden. Put the fish on a paper towel to excess oil is gone.
5. Cut the fish into very sharp knife (otherwise you’ll start to fall apart) slices no thicker than 1 cm.
I like to serve this fish in a bowl with rice/quinoa, soy edamame beans, seaweed, mango and avocado, definitely Dobrev spicy sauces. Also, this tuna is perfect in salad Nicoise.