If you love sun-dried tomatoes, but have never tried sun-dried plums – you urgently need to try them. This is just a bomb, unreal and the coolest snack, especially with cheese and wine.
It is very simple to do, but it takes time (6-7 hours).
Ingredients (for 1 pan):
• 1.3 kg plums (I like to do with blue, you can use any, the main thing – it should be ripe, but firm/fleshy, juicy pulp otherwise evaporated, and will remain a tough skin).
• 1 head of garlic (no need to use if you don’t like or replace with 2 tsp. of dry finely ground garlic),
* Leaves of 2-3 sprigs of thyme + 1 tbsp of dried herbs that you like (oregano, Basil, rosemary, marjoram, hops-suneli, etc.). depending on the chosen spice, the taste of the finished plum will change in the direction of a particular cuisine of the world. My favorite thing is to make a mixture of thyme and Provencal herbs. If you will use only dry spices, put up to 2 tbsp in total.
* 2-3 tbsp olive oil,
• 1 tsp sea salt with a slide,
* 1-2 tbsp sweetener (I have Jerusalem artichoke syrup) – this is optional and depends on the acid of the plum,
* 0.5 tsp ground Cayenne chili-optional.
For storage in a Bank:
• 3 tbsp balsamic, wine or Apple cider vinegar,
• Olive oil.
How to do:
1. wash the Plum, wipe it with a towel (we do not need extra moisture), cut it in half lengthwise and remove the bones, put it in a large bowl. Garlic is cleaned and cut into thin plates.
2. add salt, spices, oil, sweetener to the plums and mix thoroughly. If you use dry garlic, then add it too.
3. Put the oven to warm up to 100 degrees (normal mode, not convection), and at this time spread the plums on a baking sheet with parchment/silicone Mat pulp up. In each slivinu put 1-2 plates of garlic and remove this splendor in the oven for a time of 5 hours. I bake for 7 hours, but after 5 hours I become more alert so as not to over-dry.
4. in the process of baking, please do not go crazy from the flavors and do not drag the plum from the baking tray, and there is a risk that in the end there will be nothing to put in a jar))
Open the door periodically and let off steam. When the plums look like sun-dried tomatoes, it’s done. The flesh should remain slightly moist, and the skin should become wrinkled.
5. transfer The finished plums to a glass jar, tamp them down and fill them with vinegar and oil so that they are all closed. I’m ramming hard so I need less oil. Store in the refrigerator. They are tastier for 2-3 days.
Separately, I want to say about garlic, it caramelizes and turns into garlic chips. You can put it together with plums in a jar, or collect it and use it separately, and cut a couple of fresh cloves to the plums. The taste will be different, try both options.
P.S. it Is also very interesting to make these plums in barbecue sauce or with any other spicy marinade. The principle is similar. In a bowl, mix everything, spread it out and let it stand.